Preparing the next generation of industry leaders is a community endeavor at Cascade Culinary Institute (CCI). Elevation, CCI’s student operated restaurant, serves as the capstone course for students and an opportunity for community members to enjoy sustainable cuisine with a farm-to-table emphasis.
Elevation connects the public and students as an integral part of the curriculum. At the conclusion of the meal, patrons are actively engaged in a survey, where they can provide feedback about their dining and service experience. The guest feedback is then integrated into the instructional process in order to influence both individual and group learning.
Student learning outcomes in Elevation focus on developing confidence in cooking and service techniques, effective communication skills, and teamwork, as students prepare for a transition to their career path in the hospitality industry.
Elevation Restaurant lunch and dinner service to the public varies by the academic term:
- View the Current Meals tab for the current offerings to the public.
- Lunch is typically offered by reservation in the Fall, Winter, and Spring COCC terms, and is connected with COCC’s HM 190 Dining Room Operations and CUL 200 Kitchen Operations courses.
- Dinner is associated with the second-year CUL 270 Culinary Capstone course and is offered by reservation in the Spring term.
- The CUL 203 Food Truck Operations course serves a patio lunch once a week to the public, without a reservation, in the COCC Spring term.
- The Bakery Kiosk offers pastries and baked goods to the public, typically in the fall and winter terms, and is associated with the BAK 265 Retail Baking Operations course.
- Special event meals and events are also offered throughout the fall, winter and spring terms by classes and the student-run Culinary Club.
- Elevation is not open in the summer months.
Elevation gift certificates
Elevation gift certificates make great gifts. Call 541-318-3738 to purchase a gift card during the fall, winter, and spring COCC terms.
“Being in the Capstone class has given me new meaning to the phrase the world is our classroom, by giving me real life industry experience.” ~ Lyndsay Burginger